Improving your Twitter strategy is one of the best ways to enhance your overall social media marketing efforts. With these 33 Twitter tips, in 140 characters or less, you can easily elevate your Twitter savviness.
Start by sharing your SlideShare presentations with your Twitter followers, and then work your way through the rest of these powerful tips to increase your brand’s exposure and credibility.
1. Define a brand voice based on your company’s personality and your audience. Use that voice consistently. @OPENForum http://ethr.ee/1qqz9a3
2. Choose a Twitter handle that is brand related and easy to remember. @StoreYaCom http://ethr.ee/1qqGYfQ
3. Immediately ditch the egg avatar. Upload your logo or your headshot to your profile. @AbigailTracy http://ethr.ee/1qqoV9K
4. Start now. Studies show that an active Twitter presence can help a business generate more revenue. @FBSmallBiz http://ethr.ee/1slgC4L
5. Show up in searches. “Key to the registration process is using the right keywords in your biography.” @BusinessZone http://ethr.ee/1qqA3DB
6. Learn the culture and the lingo. “Use Twitter as if you actually use Twitter.” @SocialMedia2day http://ethr.ee/1vUfvtq
7. To grow your community, add your Twitter ID to your email signature, articles, and other content. @KenKrogue http://ethr.ee/1uDzlsC
8. To be social, you need to respond when you are mentioned. Invest in a social media monitoring tool. @Mention http://ethr.ee/1t3GG6o
9. Harness the power of Twitter karma. “Start retweeting, replying to and favoriting other people’s tweets.” @JWFell http://ethr.ee/1qqEmPa
10. Twitter never sleeps. Automate some tweets to reach early birds, night owls, and different time zones. @HootSuite http://ethr.ee/1qqmlRb
11. Develop a process. Find Twitter tools that work for you. Check out: @Buffer @Jooicer @Socialbro @Tweriod http://ethr.ee/1BUleQ4
12. “Tweet a lot. Studies have shown that people who tweet frequently attract more followers.” @Econsultancy http://ethr.ee/1vPAP1t
13. Don’t be a salesperson on Twitter. Instead, be informative, entertaining and social. @SteamFeedcom http://ethr.ee/1vPC5Si
14. Punchy tweets get engagement. Aim for 125 characters or less. @EntMagazine http://ethr.ee/1uDEbGo
15. Use one to two #hashtags per tweet for maximum engagement. @CourtneySeiter http://ethr.ee/1vPFsZu
16. Create lists. “Twitter lists are its most powerful and least-used feature.” @SocialMediaDIY http://ethr.ee/1t3J9hb
17. Get involved. “Respond to tweets which relate to your industry.” @Telegraph http://ethr.ee/1qqcSZY
18. Follow the “Two Ears, One Mouth” rule. “Make sure you listen and research before you speak.” @SocialMedia2day http://ethr.ee/1uDBd4Q
19. Do a competitor analysis. Try these tools: @SimplyMeasured @SocialMention @WildFireApp @TweetReachApp @AllTwtr http://ethr.ee/1qqdHlI
20. Research prospects. “Check out your leads’ most recent tweets prior to jumping on a sales call.” @HubSpot http://ethr.ee/1qqglI1
21. Directly target your audience with promoted tweets. Aim to build credibility. Don’t be spammy. @CIOonline http://ethr.ee/1qqhMWX
22. “Add links. Link your tweets to interesting articles you find.” @MediaFuel http://ethr.ee/1qqlO1z
23. Reach more people. “Schedule your updates to post just before or after the hour.” @FastCompany http://ethr.ee/1vPDUys
24. “Do not auto direct messages. Optify suggests AutoDM use led to a 245% increase in unfollow rate.” @SocialDraftApp http://ethr.ee/1qqo5ts
25. Use Google to search Twitter. “Type ‘site:twitter.com’ and enter your search term.” @BusinessInsider http://ethr.ee/1qqpIaE
26. “Hosting a creative contest or sweepstake is a great way to improve engagement on Twitter.” @TwitterSmallBiz http://ethr.ee/1slkgeW
27. When sharing content, mix it up. “Use both ‘title tweets’ and ‘copy tweets.'” @LanyaOlmsted http://ethr.ee/1qqwSf9
28. When tweeting promotional content, try skipping the hashtags and @mentions so your message is clear. @Mediabistro http://ethr.ee/1vUe8Lj
29. Be trendy. “Participating in Twitter trends is a great way to join a worldwide public conversation.” @Twitter http://ethr.ee/1vUhRJ4
30. Be visual. Images dramatically increase social media engagement. @DanZarrella http://ethr.ee/1BUmt1E
31. Add text to your images to make your visuals more engaging. @SmallBizTrends http://ethr.ee/1qqtZuO
32. If you are presenting at a conference, add a live Twitter feed to your PowerPoint presentation. @LizGross144 http://ethr.ee/1slaCc1
33. Share presentations on Twitter. SlideShare embeds are fully functioning on Twitter. @SlideShare http://ethr.ee/ZSxkNX
Love these tips? Check out:
Maximize your Twitter marketing with presentations. We can show you how.
Contact us today to get started.
Question: What is your favorite Twitter tip?
Still need more help with your presentation?We've got the solutions. Talk to Us