QUICK SUMMARY: Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time is an inspirational resource that reveals the steps to creating and nurturing a network of meaningful connections that will enhance business and personal life. We recommend Never Eat Alone to anyone who wants to develop a community of synergistic relationships.
1. Networking is about finding ways to make other people successful.
2. Be willing to offer unlimited favors.
3. Set goals with deadlines.
4. Create a personal advisory board.
5. Do your homework and research the people you are contacting.
6. Create relationships with gatekeepers.
7. Follow up promptly after a connection is made.
8. Make connections in many different circles.
9. Reach out to contacts before you need them.
10. Warm Call rules: Convey credibility, state value proposition, impart urgency, be prepared to compromise.
11. The key to everyone’s heart: health, wealth, children
1. Create a “Connections” list, and a “Keep in touch” schedule.
2. Find a mentor.
3. When networking, ask open-ended questions.
4. Learn to play golf.
5. Make a list of personal goals.
Selling is, reduced to its essence, solving another person’s problems. And you can only do that when you know what those problems are.
The currency of real networking is not greed but generosity.
In business, I found nothing came close to the impact of mentors.
I learned that real networking was about finding ways to make other people more successful.