Cardone provides a nice kick in the pants. This book contains a lot of great reminders and advice on why no one should settle with their work or careers.
- Being first to the market is not as important as being number one in your category; you don’t necessarily have to be the company introducing a product to be the best choice in the buyer’s mind.
- if you aren’t number one in your category or field, then you are in a precarious and dangerous situation.
- The only way to flourish during an economic downturn is to take lots of unreasonable actions in order to dominate.
- The quitters are basically scavengers who depend on “good” economies to provide enough cash to fund their lifestyles.
- Remember: People like to buy and do business with people they know and like.
- Any attention is better than no attention.
- Contacts turn into contracts, and the more contacts, the more contracts.
- Warning: Reactivating past clients has to be approached from a standpoint of offering service and taking interest in the client.
- If you go out and start making things happen, something will happen.
- According to the study, 80 percent of sales to businesses are made on the fifth sales call, but only 10 percent of salespeople call beyond three times.
- Price is never the way to create a wow experience.
- The wow moment occurs when you present the product, let customers know how it can solve their problems, and figure out how it makes them feel as well as how you present, service, and deliver that experience.
- Selling on price is an indication of a weak-minded and poorly trained individual or organization.
- Money will find what people perceive as value; not the lowest price.
- You need clients more than they need you in any economy.
- Act like your life depends on every transaction, every moment of every day.
- The person who willingly swings the bat has a better chance at success than the person who refuses to swing.
- After all, there is no shortage of money on Earth; there is a shortage of planning, motivation, courage, action, and follow-through.
- Selling is to an organization what food, water, and oxygen are to the body.
- Remember the rule of no. Whenever you say no to something in life, there is usually a lack of know.
- Quit being reasonable.
- Don’t settle with just “getting by.”
- You need to wake up everyday and want to be first.
- Do not rely solely on e-mail or snail mail for this venture without first getting in touch via phone or personal visit.
- Advance and conquer; don’t retreat and contract.
- Think solutions and you will find many!
- Get uncomfortable. The discomforts you experience now may well guarantee that you’ll be comfortable in the future.
“Problems are opportunities, and conquered opportunities equal money earned.”
“Winners never quit, and quitters never win!” – Vince Lombardi
“The difference between a contact and a contract is the relationship, and if you don’t continue contact, you will never create the relationship necessary to turn the contact into a contract.” – Kevin Kaul
“Yesterday’s winds won’t fill tomorrow’s sails.”
“The more you produce, the more you can produce!”