QUICK SUMMARY: Full of great advice on how to keep employees and customers happy, Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion, and Purpose is an inspirational and worthwhile read for business leaders. Delivering Happiness encourages readers to develop happiness habits, and make work conform to a happy life – not the other way around. Author and Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh proposes that by focusing on your happiness, and also the happiness of employees, customers and others around you, your business will be more successful.
Because we are passionate about customer service at Ethos3, as well as committed to wholeheartedly living our dreams in order to be happy, Delivering Happiness is high on our list of favorite business books.
1. Learn what to outsource.
2. Develop core values.
3. Impress customers through service.
4. Develop a great team.
5. Make your goals, actions and results visible to build trust.
6. Don’t be afraid of adventure.
1. Make customer service the responsibility of the entire company, not just a department.
2. Realize that it’s okay to fire customers who are insatiable or abuse your employees.
3. Differentiate yourself. Do the opposite of what the rest of the table is doing.
4. Focus on core strengths.
5. Help employees grow both personally and professionally.
Envision, create, and believe in your own universe, and the universe will form around you.
We view the lifetime value of a customer to be a moving target that can increase if we can create more and more positive emotional associations with our brand through every interaction that a person has with us.
When you walk with purpose, you collide with destiny.