Kinni does a great job at revealing the magic of Disney’s approach to customer service.
- Walt’s fundamentals for success still ring true. You build the best product you can. You give people effective training to support the delivery of exceptional service. You learn from your experiences. And you celebrate success. You never stop growing. You never stop believing.
- No organization can succeed without a great workforce.
- Customer satisfaction is a moving target.
- We all must satisfy our guests—and convince them to return and recommend us to others—or risk losing them in the long run.
- Customers want memorable experiences, and companies must become stagers of experiences.
- Quality Service means exceeding your guests’ expectations by paying attention to every detail of the delivery of your products and services.
- If the little wows are delivered consistently and continuously, they add up to a big WOW!
- Guestology is what Disney calls the art and science of knowing and understanding customers.
- Quality standards serve two purposes: they establish the criteria for actions that are necessary to accomplish the service strategy, and they serve as the measures of Quality Service.
- You never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Building cultures is not a science. In fact, it is a fairly mysterious process that when done well is capable of uniting the energy and emotions of the entire workforce into a laser like focus.
- Make exceeding expectations the standard call of duty.
- Be mindful that “everything speaks.”
- Choose service solutions that are high-touch, high-show, and high-tech.
“Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.” – Walt Disney
“You don’t build it for yourself. You know what people want, and you build it for them.” – Walt Disney
“Guests may not always be right, but they are always our guests.” – Walt Disney