Baldoni’s 12 Steps to Power Presence is another insightful read. It’s short but still packs a powerful punch.
- Leadership presence is the reflection of the leader’s inner self.
- Leadership presence is more than style, more than communications. It is the projection of the leader’s authentic self.
- Earned means you have led by example. Authority means you have the power to lead others.
- Good leaders invite feedback, and not just happy talk.
- When it comes to character, what you do matters most.
- Transforming a message from what the audience wants to hear into what the audience needs to hear is critical to a leader’s credibility.
- Withholding bad news will instill false hope, and when the truth is later revealed, the bond between leader and follower is ruptured, sometimes forever.
- Without hope we are lost; with hope we can achieve.
- Stand up for your decisions
“I tell people that if the [company] president says a crow is white, you have to argue that a crow is really black.” – Tadashi Kume
“The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill