We all know the saying, you only get one chance to make a first impression. This quote continues to be repeated, even though it is borderline cliché, because first impressions can make or break relationships. This is true even if a first impression is a presentation.
If you are at a loss for how to make a lasting, positive impression during the first few seconds of your next presentation, consider telling a story, sharing a joke, or even leading with a powerful quote that relates to the message of your talk. If you want to begin with a quote, you are in luck, because below are 21 brilliant presentation quotes that are sure to start your speech off on the right foot.
1. The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’. – Jeff Bezos
2. There’s lots of bad reasons to start a company. But there’s only one good, legitimate reason, and I think you know what it is: it’s to change the world. – Phil Libin
3. A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business. – Henry Ford
4. If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late. – Reid Hoffman
5. If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough. – Mario Andretti
6. A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd. – Max Lucado
7. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. – Steve Jobs
8. The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. – Confucius
9. The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything. – Warren Buffett
10. Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth. – Rumi
11. You don’t have to be a genius or a visionary or even a college graduate to be successful. You just need a framework and a dream. – Michael Dell
12. Build something 100 people love, not something 1 million people kind of like. – Brian Chesky
13. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. – Mark Twain
14. The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. – Bruce Lee
15. Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value. – Albert Einstein
16. If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it. – Elon Musk
17. In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you. – Deepak Chopra
18. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
19. Fall seven times and stand up eight. – Japanese Proverb
20. I was taught the way of progress is neither swift nor easy. – Marie Curie
21. Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. – Napoleon Hill
Also check out 13 Inspiring Quotes about Design:
Need help making a great impression during your next presentation? We are here to help! Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you succeed.
Question: What is your favorite quote?
Still need more help with your presentation?We've got the solutions. Talk to Us