Forbes dubbed SlideShare the quiet giant of content marketing; with over 60 million global users and 500 percent more traffic from business owners than Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn, it is clear that SlidShare is worthy of such a bold title.
Get the most out of this hefty marketing tool with these 33 Twitter-friendly SlideShare tips:
1. SlideShare decks with strong headlines, detailed descriptions, and backlinks rank high on search engines. @Wishpond http://ethr.ee/1q8IJTE
2. Embed your SlideShare presentations across multiple platforms: Twitter, blogs posts, and landing pages. @Marketo http://ethr.ee/1qYOGhZ
3. Don’t use SlideShare for self-promotion unless you can effectively soften your pitch with humor or humility. @Forbes http://ethr.ee/1oHQGtB
4. Present your content in 3 acts: Why it Matters, How it Works, and the Call to Action. @LindseyKirchoff http://ethr.ee/1qyHSc3
5. Go long and dig deep! Studies have shown that lengthier SlideShare presentations (60+ slides) perform best. @HubSpot http://ethr.ee/1rSF36q
6. Direct traffic to your website or blog by including your URL in your SlideShare presentation. @SusanGunelius http://ethr.ee/1oHVAXs
7. On the last slide of your deck, use a call-to-action to send traffic to a landing page with a lead form. @Convince http://ethr.ee/1vSseOA
9. Don’t place an image in the center of a presentation slide. Instead, enlarge the image to fill the slide. @Buffer http://ethr.ee/1vSudSZ
10. Book speaking engagements with a Pinterest board of your SlideShare decks, your quotes, and photos. @ChicGeekAcademy http://ethr.ee/1lClIIh
11. After delivering a presentation, share the SlideShare URL with your audience so they can review it later. @Mashable http://ethr.ee/1lCnJEn
12. Get more mileage out of existing content by transforming it into a presentation for SlideShare. @CMIContent http://ethr.ee/WhnB1h
13. Give your SlideShare deck a creative theme that captures the essence of your main idea. Try something fun! @Ethos3 http://ethr.ee/1qyMxdQ
14. Use storytelling techniques in your presentation to keep viewers clicking to the next slide. @SteamFeedCom http://ethr.ee/1t4q6i6
15. The most common tags on SlideShare: business, market, trends, research, social media, and statistics. @ToddWheatland http://ethr.ee/1t4rHUZ
16. Create presentations for a specific audience. Know their interests. Know their concerns. Give solutions. @Ethos3 http://ethr.ee/1sSCm8v
17. The opening slide must be punchy and well designed. It’s the visual headline for the entire presentation. @HerbertLui http://ethr.ee/1t4tn0E
18. Make your presentation easy to find. Use tags, and select the most appropriate category for your topic. @Canva http://ethr.ee/1t4vBNL
19. You can use 3,000 characters in SlideShare descriptions; the first 160 characters are the most important. @Sewatch http://ethr.ee/1t4vrpr
20. People love visual metaphors! Consider including one in your SlideShare deck to keep viewers engaged. @Ethos3 http://ethr.ee/ZliwEb
21. Boost your credibility. Embed your SlideShare content into your LinkedIn profile and long form posts. @Ethos3 http://ethr.ee/1CuxeuH
22. Mix it up. Add infographics, videos and documents to your SlideShare profile. @SlideShare http://ethr.ee/1CuxR7q
23. Write a creative title for your presentation. 80% of readers never get beyond the title. @HeidiCohen http://ethr.ee/1o1VV83
24. Understand the traffic flow to SlideShare. 20% of visitors come to SlideShare directly from Google. @CMO_com http://ethr.ee/1CuAgPu
25. Know the SlideShare audience. The most commonly searched words are marketing, social media and Facebook. @GAbramovich http://ethr.ee/1CuAgPu
27. When creating a chart for a presentation, edit intensely. Highlight only the critical information. @SlideShare http://ethr.ee/1o22R4X
28. 5 Steps to Creating a Gorgeous Presentation: Brainstorm, Moodboards, Design Comp, Full Draft, and Review. @SlideShare http://ethr.ee/1o23GKY
29. Don’t overwhelm your audience. Only present three main ideas in a single presentation. @Ethos3 http://ethr.ee/1CuG7UV
30. Use creative stock photography to improve your presentations. Avoid photos that look fake or ridiculous. @Ethos3 http://ethr.ee/1o27oEE
31. Use the “Lessig Method.” Put less information on each slide, and increase your slide count. @Ethos3 http://ethr.ee/1o28X5f
32. Use color wisely in presentations. Avoid the “Vibrating-Color Headache” by using bright colors sparingly. @SlideShare http://ethr.ee/WgRkar
33. Production value affects your credibility. Create visually compelling slides, or hire a designer. @KippBodnar http://ethr.ee/1vSpuAR
SlideShare is one of the top 120 most visited sites in the world; use this massive amount of traffic to boost your marketing campaigns by uploading visually compelling presentations to your SlideShare profile.
Ready for some SlideShare marketing magic?
Contact Ethos3 today to order a professionally designed presentation.
Question: How do you use SlideShare for your business?
Still need more help with your presentation?We've got the solutions. Talk to Us